Petro Mohyla BSSU Structure
Currently, there are many conditions for the development of new generations of young specialists in the Petro Mohyla BSNU. Material base of the university includes 12 buildings combined into a single set – campus. These conditions are set forth in an effort to create a comfortable learning environment and encourage study. Everything we do is for you, for your benefit and convenience.
The university has the library stocked with 169442 copies. The fund of the department of literature in foreign languages has 22000 copies in 44 languages. The structure of the library includes 1 subscription and 3 reading halls with total amount of 238 seats.
There is an Information-computer center and 14 computer classes. Now there are 450 modern computers in our university, all of which are connected to the local network. Also we have a wireless computer network (Wi-Fi), with over 600 laptops, PDAs, and other wireless devices registered and available for use. There are over four thousand registered users in the local net. Each employee and student of the preparatory department or FEB faculty has free access to computers and to the Internet. There are two points function for printing and copying, equipped with photocopiers, computers, printers and scanners, including large-format color printer for large posters to meet the students’ needs.
The Center for Innovative Technology in the framework of the UNDP project “Innovation Springboard: Invitation to Cooperation” was created on the basis of Petro Mohyla BSNU.
Students can get acquainted with the theoretical knowledge in practice in our research laboratories.
While we certainly hope you will not need it, our university also has the Medical Center. Our Medical Center is located on the first floor of the first building. Whenever necessary, students have access to qualified assistance. Students will also be served with reminders regarding necessary vaccinations and x-rays.
Also we have 3 modern sport halls, 2 gyms and a yacht on which students go to environmental expedition regularly.
If you’re hungry, you can visit student canteen or café, where you can have a good meal, meet with your friends, and find out news during the break.
There are 3 modern student dormitories for students from other cities and low-income students at the university. You can get more information about accommodation terms and granting of the dormitory from the Student Council of the University.
The Publishing Office prints scientific work. If you, for example, write poems and want to publish your own book, our university will help you.
Those who love fine arts may visit the Art Gallery, where the best artists exhibit their masterpieces. The artists as well as the international delegations visiting our University note that the work of the gallery is at the highest level.
On the basis of BSNU there are an International Relations Department and the International Department.
People willing to devote their life to science may enter a postgraduate course in one of 12 specialties. The university also has five specialized scientific councils.
In BSNU there is also the Students’ Scientific Society which publishes a scientific journal “The student scientific studios.”
Students can deepen their professional training in American, German, economic and other clubs.
The English and Austrian summer schools work annually. A Center for English humanitarian information established in cooperation with the US Peace Corps in Ukraine, and a Francophonie Center founded in conjunction with the French Cultural Center work in our University.
The cultural life of our students is represented by a student theatre “The Graal”, which annually takes part in the International Festivals of French language theatre. Ukrainian student theatre and Cultural and Artistic Center of students also work actively.
Students have an opportunity to show their talent in journalism in the printed periodical BSNU newspaper “Vagant”, they are involved in creating and conducting a TV program “Vagant -TV.” Since 1998 the annual festival “Stars of the Black Sea” takes place. In 1999, the students of BSNU created a regional club of intellectual games. Since then in Mykolaiv the championship of “What? Where? When?” and the championship of “Brain-Ring” are regularly carried out among students and school teams.
BSNU has 15 sports clubs including volleyball, basketball, athletics, aerobics, martial arts, scuba diving, sailing and others. Students regularly leave for the environmental expeditions on our own research vessel “Olvia”.
Black Sea National University provides an annual internship at the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and at the Canadian Parliament.
In November, 2002 by the results of a competition “Join Multimedia 2002” held by Siemens in Munich the team of the Mykolaiv Petro Mohyla Humanities University was recognized as the best in Europe and took the first place in the nomination “Long Run (16-24)”. On September17th, 2003 in Munich the awards ceremony of 18 winner teams of the European tender “Join Multimedia 2003” was held. It was attended by Steffen Reiche, the Minister of education, youth and sport of Brandenburg, and Doctor Claus Weyrich, the board member of Siemens AG.
The university cooperates with foreign educational institutions such as Queens University (Canada), University of Hanover (Germany), Goeteborg University (Sweden), Texas A&M University (USA), Rzheshev’s (Poland) University, the Harbin engineering University (People’s Republic of China), Pedagogical University of the Republic of El Salvador (San Salvador, the Republic of El Salvador) and others.
STRUCTURE OF BSNU
- First Vice Rector
- Vice Rector for Scientific Work
- Vice Rector for Scientific and Pedagogical work and Development
- Vice Rector for Administrative Work
Institute of Philology
- Department of the English Language
- Department of the Germanic Philology
- Department of Theory and Practice of Translation from English
- Department of Theory and Practice of Translation from German
- Department of the Ukrainian Philology, Theory and History of
- Department of Journalism
- Goethe’s Institute Bureau
- French Center
Institute of Public Administration
- Department of Management and Administration
- Department of Public Management and Administration
- Department of Medical Biology, Human Anatomy, Histology,
- Cytology and Embryology
- Department of Physical and Medical Rehabilitation
- Department of Ecology and Environmental Management
- Laboratory of Environmental Studies
- Laboratory of Chemistry
- Biophysics and Biosafety Laboratory
- Laboratory of Microbiology
- Laboratory of Physics
- Medical Instruments Laboratory
- Laboratory of Electrotechnics, Electronics and Microprocessors
Teaching and Research Institute of Postgraduate Education
- Department of Quality, Standardization, Technogenic and Environmental Safety
- Center for Social and Psychological Support, Professional
- Development and Employment Promotion
- Courses of Retraining, Social Adaptation for Soldiers, Combatants and Members of their families
- Training Center for Cambridge Exams
Faculty of Computer Science
- Department of Automation and Computer-Integrated Technologies
- Software Engineering Department
- Department of Intelligent Information Systems
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Applied and Higher Mathematics
- Microprocessor Machines and Systems Laboratory
- Informational Systems and Database Laboratory
- Globalogic Laboratory
- Computer Graphics Laboratory
- Diploma Designing Room
Faculty of Economics
- Department of Accounting and Auditing
- Department of Economics and Enterprise
- Department of Finance and Credit
- Department of Economic Theory and International Economics
- Land Management Department
- Department of Professional English Education
Faculty of Law
- Department of Constitutional and Administrative Law and Procedure
- Department of Civil and Criminal Law and Procedure
- Department of History and Theory of State and Law
Faculty of Physical Education and Sport
- Department rowing
- Department of Sport Disciplines
- Department of Olympic and Professional Sports
- Department of Martial Art and Endurance Sports
Faculty of Political Science
- Political Science Department
- Department of History
- International Relationships and Foreign Policy Department
Faculty of Sociology
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Social Work, Management and Education
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Philosophy
Center of Culture, Arts and Communications
Department of Life Safety and Civil Protection
Human Resources Department
Information Computer Center
The Trade Union Committee
Planning and Finance Department