Since 2009, our University is recruiting students with disabilities to a contract which , if successfully mastering the curriculum and drafting sessions, paying the Social Fund for the disabled.
Since 2009, our University is recruiting students with disabilities on the contract basis which is sponsored by the Social Fund for the Disabled for the students with excellent academic records.
Coordinating Centre for education of students with disabilities on a contract basis at the expense of the Social Fund for the Disabled
The fund pays not only for tuition, but also provides disabled students with the accommodations in the dormitories of the University. Nowadays, effective teamwork allows receiving higher education and living in the dormitories of the University for free on condition of successful completion of the session for about thirty students with special needs. Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University provides disabled people with the necessary conditions for unimpeded movement. It is the only university in Mykolaiv, which is equipped with a ramp at the main entrance built at the expense of the University in accordance with the state standards and norms. Moreover, in 2012, two additional metallic and five concrete ramps were built.
In 2012, thanking to the cooperation with Mykolaiv Regional Charity foundation, “Harmony”, headed by the deputy of Mykolaiv Regional Council Olszewski, the restructuring of two rooms for personal hygiene were launched in the main building to provide educational services for people with limited mobility.
After a successful completion of the University, the Center promotes employment for their graduates. Personal achievement of the University Administration in the field of inclusive education is the education of persons with disabilities on a contract basis at the expense of the Social Fund for the Disabled. It is the program implemented by the State Service for veterans and the disabled persons, which allows people with limited abilities not only to receive free higher education, but also to live in the dormitories of the University for free.
The above mentioned program operates on the basis of tripartite agreements between the University, the Fund and a student.
Applicants must submit the following documents to participate in the program:
- a copy of an identification code;
- a copy of a passport (pages 1, 2, 11);
- a copy of a document that confirms a disability;
- a copy of an individual program of rehabilitation of the disabled;
- a copy of the employment record book (if available) or application confirming its absence;
- copies of the documents on education (certificate, diploma, etc.);
- a copy of the Ukrainian Center for Educational Quality Assessment certificate;
- information about the family members;
- a statement of earnings of all family members over the last six months (provided every six months);
- a certificate of inspection of the disabled person’s social and living conditions;
- a copy of a pension certificate;
- a copy of a medical certificate (form 086-у or 086-о).
After successful completion of each trimester individuals, who study at the expense of the Fund, must provide a coordinator with a copy of the student’s record book certified by the dean’s office. In addition, students who are enrolled in the program after successful completion of each trimester must sign acts of work performed during the process of education and for those who live in hostels – the acts for living in them.