Center for Sociological Research
Educational, Scientific and Production Laboratory “Mykolaiv Center for Sociological Research” of the Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University is a structural subdivision of the Department of Sociology at the Faculty of Political Science.
The purpose of the center’s establishment is to organize works on the implementation, joint research and production activities, and the provision of educational, research and consulting services to production entities, entrepreneurs, local authorities, public organizations, political parties, local communities, the population, and other legal and individuals, according to the direction of work of the center, department, creative team.
Specifying the purpose of the center is realized in the tasks, among which priority are:
- association of efforts of scientific-pedagogical and scientific staff of the department, doctoral students, post-graduate students, students for the purpose of introduction of scientific developments in the field of sociological science;
- provision of scientific-consulting, educational, informational and other services;
- use of opportunities of the center for improvement of the level of practical training of students and improvement of professional skills of scientific and pedagogical workers of the university in the working conditions;
- improving the training of specialists in the field of sociology;
- promotion of sociological knowledge among different segments of the population including through non-formal education.
The main activities of the Center are:
- High quality training of undergraduate and graduate students, providing qualified postgraduate students.
- Organization and conducting of student competitions, round tables, conferences, symposiums, master classes.
- Student scientific sections and other student scientific communities can be formed on the basis of the center.
- Preparation and implementation of a full cycle of quantitative and qualitative sociological research.
- Organization and conducting of marketing researches.
- Sociological support of election campaigns.
- Organization and conducting of socio-psychological research, personnel recruiting and assessment of personnel.
- Sociological support activities in the field of management of educational services of the Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University in order to ensure the organizational sustainability of the university.
- Provision of methodological assistance on the conduct of specific sociological research.
- Formation of the bank of statistical data, documentation necessary for the center’s work and for the work of Department of Sociology.
- Presentation and publication of the results of sociological research.
- Technological support of research projects.
- Establishing contacts with customers and users of the center services.
- Assist students and graduates in job search.
- Organization and conducting of industrial practice.
Center location: 2, 1 Voenna Street, Office 10-321, Mykolaiv, 54003, Ukraine
Phone number: +380 512 57-18-00