Джошуа А. Вентз / Joshua A. Wentz
2017-2018: Master of Arts, Liberal Studies in American Culture, The University of Michigan, Flint, MI, USA
2015: TEFL/TESL/TESOL Specialization in Teaching English to Children, Oxford Seminars
2011: TEFL/TESL/TESOL Certification, Oxford Seminars, Lansing, MI, USA
1999-2003: Bachelor of Arts Degree, Advertising Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA “Chick” Evans Memorial Scholarship recipient
September 2018-August 2019:
English Teacher at King Khalid University, Abha, Saudi Arabia
- Provided English as a second language instruction in all four skills to students in their 1st year of university.
- Created weekly lesson plans to provide English as a second-language instruction to those university students.
September 2016-April 2018:
Graduate Student Research Assistant at University of Michigan-Flint, Flint, MI, USA
- Assist Dr. Emily Fuerherm with research for TESOL department at the University of Michigan-Flint. Studies include: community-based ESL in Genesee County, MI and the effectiveness of the Bridge Program (EAP/Pathways) for international students at the university. The Bridge Program study will be published in the Journal of Language, Identity and Education in 2018.
July 2016-August 2017:
English Teacher, VIPKid, HK Ltd., online
- Teach English as a foreign language to students in China using the company’s web-based learning platform. Lessons based on common core criteria and adapted for language instruction.
Guest Teacher, Professional Education Services Group, LLC MI, USA
- Responsible for teaching the lesson plans in the regular teacher’s absence to students aged 5-18
- In some cases, was required to create related activities to keep the students engaged.
January 2015-March 2016:
English Teacher at Guangzhou New Oriental School, Guangzhou, China
- Created lesson plans using McGraw-Hill textbook in English, Math, and Science subject matter.
- Taught English to young learners aged 6-12.
- Once a month, would provide an English-based Science lab for students.
- Taught special culture courses such as: St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, etc.
- During holidays, would teach special intensive reading or mathematics courses for primary students.
- Provided demonstration reading or science lessons at Sun-Yat Sen Children’s Library.
- Taught TOEFL Writing Preparation at Weiming International School in Guangzhou for secondary students in preparation for study-abroad.
- Provided English instruction at Lonza Pharmaceutical Corporation in Nansha, Guangzhou for adult learners.
- Provided monthly teacher training seminars for the local lead teachers and teaching assistants.
March 2013- January 2015:
ESL Instructor at Guangdong Peizheng College, Guangzhou, China
- Provided English as a second language instruction to students in their 1st or 2nd year of university.
- Created weekly lesson plans to provide English as a second-language instruction to university students.
- Ran weekly English club.
- Participated in other extracurricular activities with students, using English as the mode of communication.
March 2012- December 31, 2012:
Volunteer English Teacher, Teach and Learn in Georgia, Kobuleti, Adjara, Georgia
- Worked with local English teachers to provide English as a second-language instruction to students from the 1st thorough the 6th
- Created weekly lesson plans and submitted monthly reports to the TLG Program.
- Ran weekly after school English club for the more advanced student to develop further English skills and as a cultural exchange opportunity.
- Provided individual tutoring lessons to members of my host family.
Multimedia Lab/Computer Literacy Teacher at Holton High School, Holton MI, USA
- Implemented curriculum in basic computer use and advertising-based Adobe software programs: Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, inDesign to grades 9-12.
- Taught Senior Consumer Problems, a life skills course, to grade 12 students.
- Created weekly lesson plans and submitted to administrator.
Provided after school tutoring sessions when requested by students struggling with the material.
Foreign Languages: Spanish (basic), French (basic), Mandarin Chinese (basic)
Traveled to: Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, Georgia, Turkey, Poland, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Saudi Arabia
Phone number: (0512) 76-55-87