Petro Mohyla BSSU Structure
Nowadays, there are all conditions for the development of the new generation young specialists in the Petro Mohyla BSNU. Material base of the university includes 12 buildings combined into a single set – campus. There are all conditions necessary for comfortable studying process in our university, because everything we do is for you, for your benefit and convenience.
The university has the library stock with 146.849 thousand copies. The fund of the department of literature in foreign languages has 19 352 copies in 28 languages. The structure of the library includes 1 subscription and 3 reading halls with total amount of 244 seats.
There are information-computer center and 14 computer classes. Now there are 450 modern computers in our university. All of them are united into the local network. Also we have wireless computer network Wi-Fi, with over 600 laptops, PDAs and other wireless devices registered. There are over four thousand registered users in the LAN. Each employee and student of the preparatory department or FEB faculty has free access to computers and to the Internet. There function two points for printing and copying, equipped with photocopiers, computers, printers and scanners, including large-format color printer for printing of large posters to meet the students’ needs.
The Center for Innovative Technology in the framework of the UNDP project “Innovation Springboard: invitation to cooperation” is created on the basis of Petro Mohyla BSNU.
Students can get acquainted with the theoretical knowledge in practice in research laboratories.
Medical Centre. We hope you won’t need it during studying. But students can always get qualified assistance, if necessary. Although there are other important details, which you will be reminded about from time to time and you should not neglect this (vaccinations, passing x-rays). Medical center is located on the first floor of the first building.
Also we have 3 modern sport halls, 2 gyms and a yacht on which students go to environmental expedition regularly.
If you’re hungry, you can visit student canteen or one of 3 cafes where you can have a good meal, meet with your friends and find out news during the break.
There are 3 modern student dormitories for students from other cities and low-income students at the university. You can get more information about accommodation terms and granting of the dormitory from the Student Council of the University.
The publishing office prints scientific work of our scientists and others.
If you, for example, write poems and want to publish your own book, our university will help you.
Those who love fine arts may visit the Art Gallery, where the best artists exhibit their masterpieces. The artists as well as the international delegations visiting our University note that the work of the gallery is at the highest level.
On the basis of BSNU there are an International Relations Department and a Center for International Cooperation.
People willing to devote their life to science may enter a postgraduate course in one of 12 specialties. The university also has five specialized scientific councils.
In BSNU exists a Students’ Scientific Society which publishes a scientific journal “The student scientific studios.” Students can deepen their professional training in American, German, economic and other clubs. The English and Austrian summer schools work annually. A Center for English humanitarian information established in cooperation with the US Peace Corps in Ukraine, and a Francophonie Center founded in conjunction with the French Cultural Center work in our University. The cultural life of our students is represented by a student theater “The Graal”, which annually takes part in the International Festivals of French language theater. Ukrainian student theater and Cultural and artistic center of students also work actively. Students have an opportunity to show their talent in journalism in the printed periodical BSNU newspaper “Vagant”, they are involved in creating and conducting a TV program “Vagant -TV.” Since 1998 the annual festival “Stars of the Black Sea” takes place. In 1999, the students of BSNU created a regional club of intellectual games. Since then in Mykolaiv the championship of “What? Where? When?” and the championship of “Brain-Ring” are regularly carried out among students and school teams.
BSNU has 15 sports clubs including volleyball, basketball, athletics, aerobics, martial arts, scuba diving, sailing and others. Students regularly leave for the environmental expeditions on our own research vessel “Olvia”.
Black Sea National University provides an annual internship at the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and at the Canada Parliament. In November, 2002 by the results of a competition “Join Multimedia 2002” held by Siemens in Munich the team of the Mykolaiv Petro Mohyla Humanities University was recognized as the best in Europe and took the first place in the nomination “Long Run (16-24)”. On September17th, 2003 in Munich the awards ceremony of 18 winner teams of the European tender “Join Multimedia 2003” was held. It was attended by Steffen Reiche, the Minister of education, youth and sport of Brandenburg, and Doctor Claus Weyrich, the board member of Siemens AG.
The university cooperates with foreign educational institutions such as Queens University (Canada), University of Hanover (Germany), Goeteborg University (Sweden), Texas A&M University (USA), Rzheshev’s (Poland) University, the Harbin engineering University (People’s Republic of China), Pedagogical University of the Republic of El Salvador (San Salvador, the Republic of El Salvador) and others.
- First Vice Rector
- Vice Rector for Scientific Work
- Vice Rector for Scientific and Pedagogical work and Development Issues
- Vice Rector for Administrative Work
Institute of Public Administration
- Department of Civil Service
- Department of State Policy and Management
- Department of Local Government, Regional Development and Political Analytics
Institute of Philology
- Department of the English Language
- Department of the Germanic Philology
- Department of Foreign Languages
- Department of Theory and Practice of Translation
- Department of the Ukrainian Philology, Theory and History of Literature
- Department of Journalism
- Goethe’s Institute Bureau
- French Center
Faculty of Computer Science
- Department of Intellectual Information Systems
- Computer Graphics Laboratory
- Diploma Designing Room
- Department of Informational Technologies and Programming Systems
- Microprocessor Machines and Systems Laboratory
- Informational Systems and Database Laboratory
- Globalogic Laboratory
Faculty of Economics
- Accounting and Audit Department
- Finance and Credit Department
- Economic Theory and International Economics Department
- Enterprise Economics and Land Resource Management Department
- Professional English Teaching Department
Faculty of Ecological and Medical Science
- Department of Environmental Studies and Natural Resource Management
- Laboratory of Environmental Studies
- Laboratory of Chemistry
- Department of Quality, Standardization, Technogenic and Environmental Safety
- Biophysics and Biosafety Laboratory
- Laboratory of Microbiology
- Medical Instruments and Systems Department
- Laboratory of Physics
- Medical Instruments Laboratory
- Laboratory of Electrotechnics, Electronics and Microprocessors
- Department of Health and Physical Rehabilitation
- Department of Physical Education and Sport
- Department of Olympic and Professional Sports
Faculty of Political Science
- Political Science Department
- Department of History
- International Relationships and Foreign Policy Department
- Department of World History
- International Information Department