Department of Medical Biology, Human Anatomy, Histology, Cytology and Embryology
The Department of Medical Biology, Human Anatomy, Histology, Cytology and Embryology was formed in 2016. The head of the Department is M. Kozii, Doctor of Biological Sciences, acting professor. The Department provides researches in such disciplines as: “Medical Biology,” “Human Anatomy,” “Histology and Embryology,” “Therapeutic Physical Training,” “Social Medicine and Public Health Security,” “The History of Medicine,” “Basics of Genetics,” “Basics of Bioenergy and Biosecurity,” and “Developmental Anatomy and Physiology.”
The branch of knowledge number is 22: “Health Protection”; specialist area – “Medical Science.” The key role in the development of the Department plays scientific research based on theoretical-applicative and special studies in the fields of histology, developmental anatomy, and human physiology. The specialists of the Department train doctors of the second master’s level. In the process of training, students study the following professional disciplines:
- Foreign language
- Ukrainian language (for professional direction)
- The history of Ukraine and Ukrainian culture
- Foreign language (for professional direction)
- Latin language and medical terminology
- History of medicine
- Medical biology
- Medical computing
- Medical and biological physics
- Bioorganic and biological chemistry
- Medical chemistry
- Microbiology, Virology and Immunology
- Human anatomy
- Histology, Cytology and Embryology
- Life safety; basics of Bioethics and Biosafety
- Hygiene and Ecology
- Propedeutics of Pediatrics
- Propedeutics of Internal medicine
- General surgery
- Care of patients (practice)
- Nursing practice
- Internal medicine, including Endocrinology, Medical Genetics, Clinical Pharmacology, Clinical Immunology and Allergology, Professional diseases
- Pediatrics with children’s infectious diseases
- Surgery, including Pediatric surgery, Neurosurgery
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Social Medicine, Public Health
- Medical psychology
- Psychiatry, Narcology
- Dermatology, Venereology
- Physical rehabilitation, Sports medicine
- Forensic medicine. Medical law of Ukraine
- Medical practice
- Infectious diseases
- Epidemiology and principles of evidence-based medicine
- Palliative and Hospice medicine
- Oncology and Nuclear medicine
- Traumatology and Orthopedics
- Anesthesiology and Intensive care
- Emergency and Urgent care
- General practice (family medicine)
- Clinical Anatomy and Operative Surgery
Training is carried out accordingly to the educational program of the General medical training and the subsequent specialization in internship. The internship is a mandatory form of the primary specialization of individuals due to medical specialties. It is carried out in the medical universities and academies of the postgraduate education at the place of assignment. During the internship training, the followings specific medical specializations are acquired:
- General practice – Family medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology,
- Therapeutic Exercise and Sports medicine,
- Radiation Therapy,
- Radionuclide Diagnostics,
- Emergency medical Assistance
- Infectious diseases,
- Orthopedics and Traumatology,
- Occupational pathology,
- Forensic medical Examination,
- Phthisiology etc.
Hennadii V. Hryschenko – the Director of the Institute, PhD of Medical Science. The Member of International Academy of Ecology and Life Protection Sciences (IAELPS). Scientific interests: computer testing in the vocational selection system, career-oriented work, organization of psychological and pedagogical testing of applicants; improvement of practical decision of regional recreation problems; organisational and methodical, and practical implementation of methods of medical and psychological, ecopsychological, and social and psychological region popularity rehabilitation.
Mykhailo S. Kozii – the Head of the Department, Doctor of Biological Science. Scientific interests: improvement and practical implementation of innovative methods of histological techniques; comparative hydro biontshistology; microanatomical monitoring the conditions of organs; and the tissues of aquatic organisms in natural reservoir and their adaptive changes in transformed existence conditions.
Julia O. Nakonechna – the Head of Laboratory of Medical Biology, Human Anatomy, Histology, Cytology and Embryology Department.
Natalia L. Sarafaniuk – Acting Lecture of the Department, the first category doctor.
Svitlava S. Artiuh – the Head of Laboratory of Medical Biology, Human Anatomy, Histology, Cytology and Embryology, Master of Physical Therapy Department.
Natalia O. Yakovenko – Acting Reader of the Department, PhD of Medical Science. Speciality is “Pediatry”.
Julia V. Tsykalo – the Leading Specialist of the Department.